Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursdays of Prayer

The following prayer comes from Colombia's ecumenical community. Please join in praying for peace in Colombia.

THIRD THURSDAY OF THE MONTH
Let us pray:

·     That citizens of Colombia and of the world, women and men of faith (Christians of all traditions and religious people of different faiths) might express our solidarity with all the victims and commit ourselves to a diplomatic end to the armed conflict in Colombia between the FARC and ELN guerrillas and the Colombian State.

Biblical illumination: Ezekiel 37: 11-14
"Then the Lord said to me, `Mortal, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, "Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are cut off completely." Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: I am going to open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you back to the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people. I will put my spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you on your own soil; then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken and will act, says the Lord.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment