Thursday, September 10, 2009

Second Thursday Prayer

SECOND THURSDAY OF THE MONTH

Let us pray:

That the victims (of forced disappearance, assassinations, massacres, forced displacement, “false positives”, those deprived of liberty, and those who face discrimination because of their ethnicity, sexuality, or other social factors...) whose right to truth, justice, and reparations has been recognized, might become participants, alongside the various sectors of society, in a negotiated end to the armed conflict between the FARC and ELN guerrillas and the Colombian State.

Biblical illumination: Psalm 62: 2-7

“God alone is my rock and my salvation,

my fortress; I shall never be shaken.

How long will you assail a person,

will you batter a victim, all of you,

as you would a leaning wall, a tottering fence?

Their only plan is to bring down a person of prominence.

They take pleasure in falsehood;

they bless with their mouths,

but inwardly they curse.

For God alone my soul waits in silence,

for my hope is from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,

my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my deliverance and my honor;

my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment